Release is a series of works inspired by the Buddhist practice of 'life release', which sees captive animals bought and released into the wild.
This series of public interventions appropriates the Chinese red and white banner (widely used to welcome guests, promote businesses and disseminate state propaganda) in order to present contemplative ideas.
British Wild Boar
Fauna Automata: British Wild Boar aimed to increase public awareness of the presence of wild boar in the UK, whilst re-evaluating the species as culturally relevant.
Exhibition venues and supporting organisations include:
- Arts Council England
- Castlefield Gallery, Manchester, UK
- CFCCA, Manchester, UK
- The Confucius Institute at the University of Manchester, UK
- Red Gate Gallery, Beijing, China
- Blue Roof Art District, Chengdu, China
- National Science and Media Museum, Yorkshire, UK
- Forestry Commission England